An Alberta Construction Workforce Initiative
About The Program
Trade Pathways is an Alberta workforce program that aims to connect unemployed and underemployed young Albertans with Alberta construction companies through paid work experience placements. Multiple placements will allow a program participant to develop the varied practical skills and experience required to begin a successful path towards trade apprenticeship. Program participants will receive training and support prior to and during their placements to help them to overcome common barriers that exist when beginning a career in construction.
Available Trade Placements
What does a Glazier do?
What does a Roofer do?
What does a Carpenter do?
- Up to 3 paid work placements
- Supplied tool package
- Supplied workwear and PPE
- Safety certifications and training
- Eligibility for 1 year paid apprenticeship tuition
- 18 - 35 years of age
- An Alberta resident
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- Available for full-time work
This Project was Made Possible by Funding from the Alberta Government